Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I bought this from a local auto parts store, not on amazon.com, and I was skeptical, but hey 10 bucks vs. $2000+ to replace the head gaskets on my '93 Acura Legend.I followed the directions precisely - Yes it was a pain, but I followed them.The main thing is to flush out ALL the anti-freeze from the engine... ALL OF IT!That goes for this product and every other one that I saw on the shelf and the internet... Otherwise you will clog your cooling system or heater core or both (or worse).
I used a Prestone Flush Kit that was 4 bucks and installed that to Prestone's instructions.I drained the radiator, then flushed the system, and drained the radiator again (and yes, there was still anti-freeze in it even after flushing).SO I stuck a hose in the radiator top with the drain open, and then flushed for a 3rd time and re-filled and drained the radiator yet again... now I know there was no anti-freeze in the car - anywhere.I FOLLOWED THE BAR'S LEAK GASKET REPAIR exactly as the directions stated, and by the time I was at the last step, I had no white smoke, or dripping water / anti-freeze coming out of the tailpipe... I was shocked that it worked.I was so shocked that I drove it a few miles (against the instructions) and the car didn't overheat like it did the day before.Believe me, my temp gauge was on "H" and then some the day before, and I was blowing coolant out the exhaust, my overflow tank was boiling, and the radiator was nearly empty.I thought I cooked the engine for sure.NOW, I have NO IDEA HOW LONG THIS WILL LAST... a day, a week, a month, a year...I have no Idea, and I don't know if it will do any harm to the cooling system or engine.All I know is the car was junk if it didn't get $2000-3000 worth or repairs, and it's only worth a grand or so... but this at least did a temporary fix.If you find yourself in the same situation with a blown head gasket, why not try $10 in a bottle before plunking down a few grand, or DIY for the next few weekends of rebuilding your engine.
I will post back another review after a few weeks/months or a few thousand miles to update my results.If it lasts more than a few months I will give it 5 stars +
Click Here to see more reviews about: Bar's Leaks 1100 Head Gasket Repair - 20 Oz.
Product Description:
20 OZ Bars Leak Head Gasket Repair #1100 Scientifically Formulated To Permanently Seal Coolant Leaks That Are The Cause Of Most Overheating Problems For Most Vehicles Contains A Blend Of Aramid & Refractory Fibers Giving The Strength Of A Bullet Proof Vest & The Heat Resistance Of Fire Proof Clothing Penetrate A Crack Or The Blown Head Gasket Area They Lock Together & Bond Forming A Hard Ceramic Type Seal Works Effectively On Cast Iron Or Aluminum Blocks & Heads Detailed English & Spanish Instructions On Back Label.
Want to buy Bar's Leaks 1100 Head Gasket Repair - 20 Oz. at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below:
1 comments:
Wow, if you can get a cheap head gasket repair then that's great. I just wonder what the stuff actually does. It does sound hard to believe that a ten dollar bottle of stuff can be used in place of an expensive repair.
Post a Comment